Flexible – the only requirement is to be UK based.
Our Company and The Role:
Mechon is a consultancy firm that provides specialist designs for industries that include pharmaceutical, medical, defence, automotive and education. Our field of expertise includes the design of process HVAC, LEV, pollution control and renewable energy systems.
Mechon is looking to expand the team with a mechanical design consultant. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to be trained to develop air system designs from concept to inception.
To be successful, you should be able to work closely with end-users, project managers, architects, and engineers, and analyse feedback produce to modify workable system solutions.
• Site audits and assessments.
• Design calculations (airflow, pressure, etc).
• System sizing.
• Aspects of 2D drawing and 3D modelling.
• Concept design reports.
• Tender specifications.
• Conduct design coordination meetings.
• Providing support during the entire design and build process to ensure that the design specifications are met.
• Driven, Self-starter
• An adept problem solver.
• Wiling to work in a team.
• Reliable and Independent
• Mechanical aptitude combined with commercial acumen
• Flexible person who can manage changing priorities in a dynamic environment
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Relationship management skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar). Cross-over degrees such as Chemical Engineering are acceptable.
• Experience in computer-aided design software such as AutoCAD.
• Experience in the mechanical building services environment or environmental control industry will be advantageous.
• At least 2-4 years of working experience.
St Georges Lane