Filtermist International Limited, part of the Swedish Absolent Air Care Group, has been established for over 50 years and is the UK market leader for oil mist extraction. Our UK made oil mist filters are trusted by world leading manufacturers in more than 60 countries in industries ranging from aerospace and automotive, to food processing and medical device manufacture.
Our company has diversified in recent years by extending the products and services we offer through both organic growth and targeted acquisitions. In addition to Filtermist oil mist filters, Filtermist International is responsible for manufacturing Dustcheck dust control and dust extraction equipment, and Kerstar industrial vacuum cleaners.
Filtermist Systems Limited, the UK sales operation, is also the UK distributor for sister company Absolent AB as well as other extraction equipment suppliers, and provides a UK wide installation and maintenance service, as well as COSHH compliant LEV Testing for all makes and models of LEV systems.
We target excellence throughout all aspects of our businesses. We pride ourselves in operating an ambitious, fast growing, and fast-paced company that offers a wide range of opportunities for employees due to ongoing significant growth.
We actively participate in lots of national fund-raising initiatives throughout the year and support several charities, individuals and organisations that have direct connections with our employees. All employees can nominate causes close to their hearts for possible financial support.
We drive our businesses with key behavioural competencies that underpin how we do business – making Filtermist a great place to work.
Role description and responsibilities:
Filtermist is a Telford based company that supports our customers by providing them and their employees with clean air solutions, which is at the heart of our brand. This role is based around technical design of systems and execution of contracts. There will be a requirement to attend site as and when necessary to survey jobs, commence new jobs and attend client meetings.
Working as part of the project team you will be expected to pick up new systems for design, evaluation, and installation. Working closely with your team you will be responsible for delivery of projects on time and to budget.
You will be directly reportable to a senior member of the team on current project status and will be expected to ensure systems are adequately evaluated at regular intervals however there is an expectancy of a certain level of autonomy in the role to be able to manage projects through the process. There will be opportunities for additional training and development within the role to ensure all technical competencies are met.
• Evaluation of new contracts
• Working with the team to design the system
• Complete on-site technical surveys
• Review and organise technical drawings for issue
• Liaise with the Client to plan working activities
• Coordination of deliveries to site
• Resource allocation
• Site management
• Health and safety on site management including composition of risk assessments and method statements
• Attending site progress reviews
• Completing contract process documentation
• Compilation of O&M manuals
• Completing handover to Client
• Cost sheet analysis / spend tracking
• Ensuring all works carried out have purchase orders against them
• Create and update workflows
• Retrieve necessary information (e.g., user/client requirements and relevant case studies)
• Act as the point of contact for all participants
• Suggest and improve all working practices to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability for the department.
• Complete lessons learnt to ensure continual improvement
• Support other areas/departments of the business, as necessary.
• Requesting proof of deliveries from suppliers
• Checking of invoices to pass to accounts
• Dealing with invoice queries
• Making sure all orders are completed or updated for end of month
• Liaising with engineers on site
• Arranging/off hiring of lifting equipment to and from site when required
Regular reviews will be held with your senior engineer and manager to benchmark performance and capabilities.
Salary and benefits package:
Annual review of pay based on performance and progression.
Formal engineering qualifications at HNC or above or relevant industrial experience
AutoCAD 2D and or 3D knowledge required
• Good level of project management required
• Health and safety knowledge - formal qualification preferred
• Organisation and time-management skills
• A strong personality and decision-making skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Highly organised and self-motivated
• Ability to prioritise workload and be prepared to react quickly to ensure all deadlines are
• A positive, enthusiastic outlook is required
• Willingness to learn
Telford 54 Business Park