- Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience and qualifications
- Location: Midlands, N Ireland, NE England, NW England, Scotland, SE England, SW England, Wales, Yorkshire
- Skills: Mechanical Engineering, P601
- Industries: Construction, HVAC, Mechanical Industrial Ventilation
- Company: HVDS
- Date Posted: 5 March 2021
- Closing Date: 28 March 2021
- Start Date: 5 April 2021
- Apply Now
- Ref: LEV SERVICE 2021
Due to continued company expansion, we are seeking to appoint an LEV Testing Engineer. The role of the engineer is to carry out testing of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) systems. The role is based in Stafford and requires service for customers throughout the UK, in accordance with the sales team brief and to a high level of customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Travelling throughout the UK in company vehicles, with regular overtime and overnight stays to meet the needs of each specific customer project.
2. Testing LEV systems at customer sites in accordance with COSHH and HSG258.
3. Building strong, sustainable relationships on site with customers by upholding HVDS brand values and demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, friendliness and helpfulness. Exhibiting, enthusiasm, willingness and a positive outlook to internal/external customers.
4. Working alone or in a team of two or three, unsupervised, collaborating effectively to meet project brief on time and within budget, and managing own time.
5. Taking initiative in solving problems, demonstrating a ‘can do’ approach.
6. Full, accurate and on time reporting.
You must have at least one year’s experience of testing LEVs and hold, as a minimum requirement, the P601 qualification. Further training will be provided, and the successful candidate will be expected to work towards gaining further BOHS approved qualifications (e.g. P602, P604).
You must have good engineering skills, should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of LEV system components and have the ability to troubleshoot most types of LEV system. Electrical competency is also desirable. You must have a good knowledge and understanding of COSHH regulations, HSG258 and engineering practices. You must be able to work unsupervised, manage your own time, use your own initiative and assume responsibility. You must have good verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate and able to write clear and concise technical English for full and accurate reporting. You must be proactive and conscientious, have a can-do attitude and be willing to undertake further training as necessary. You must be prepared to work away from home with occasional overnight stays and weekend work. You must be eligible to live and work in the UK and hold a full UK driving licence.
HVDS provides clean air solutions, including dust, fume, mist, spray and oil extraction, to a range of industries (food production, construction, manufacturing, pharmaceutical etc.) across the UK and Ireland. As well as LEV testing, we perform mechanical service inspections, workplace air monitoring and site surveys, and provide spares and new installations.
- Contact: christian taylor, Projects & Contracts Engineering Manager
- Company: HVDS
- Website: http://www.hvds.co.uk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: St Albans Road
- Phone: 07385031279