Covering all of Northern Ireland, Safety Advice Centre was established to satisfy a demand for technical expertise within the arena of Health, Safety and Environmental Management.
We are committed to delivering the highest standards of service and are proud to have secured long-term contracts with global and national companies.
We inspect, test, assess and advise our clients – providing assurance that their business is compliant, and their people protected.
Job Role: LEV Examining and Testing (Compliance Technician)
Responsible to: Health and Safety Compliance Manager
This role will involve the delivery of compliance services to our growing client portfolio.
The focus will be on conducting LEV Thorough Examination and Testing (Local Exhaust Ventilation) under COSHH Regulations. This examination must be undertaken by a competent person and the tests and reports must conform to HSE standards. HSG258 provides the recommended procedures to achieve these statutory requirements.
Although duties will initially be those of an LEV Examiner, there may be opportunities to progress and cross-train on several disciplines.
Other reasonable duties in accordance with business needs may be required.
The role will involve on site work for various clients and related administration duties.
Compliance Technicians will be expected to work in line with our company ethos, management systems and customer expectations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (Operational)
· Conduct Thorough Examination and Testing on LEV systems and compile reports in a timely manner.
· Use the company software to complete scheduled ad-hoc assessments and tasks. This will involve signing off scheduled work and adding notes regarding remedial works to the records.
· Foster constructive working relationships with the appropriate stakeholders.
· Follow the requirements of our company and the clients Health and Safety & Environmental/permit systems.
· Inform the Health and Safety Compliance Manager of any risks found on site and contribute to and amend RAMS as necessary in line with the IMS procedures.
· Complete remedial work that is within the scope of work when necessary.
· Maintain equipment to a high standard and report any defects immediately to the Health and Safety Compliance Manager.
· Complete pre-use safety checks on company vehicle, ladders and other tools and equipment, if used.
· Work as part of a team and share information to ensure that a professional service is delivered to all stakeholders.
· Complete all training deemed necessary to ensure continued competency to perform the role.
· Have flexibility to meet current and future workload requirements (This will occasionally involve authorised overtime/weekend work).
Educated to at least GCSE standard.
Full drivers license.
At least 1 yrs experience.
Please submit a full CV.
Unit 73 - 74
Dunlop Commercial Park
1 Balloo Link
Balloo Industrial Estate