Filtermist International Limited, part of the Swedish Absolent Group, has been established for 50 years and is the UK market leader for oil mist extraction. Our UK made oil mist filters are trusted by world leading manufacturers in more than 60 countries in industries ranging from aerospace and automotive, to food processing and medical device manufacture.
Our company has diversified in recent years by extending the products and services we offer through both organic growth and targeted acquisitions. In addition to Filtermist oil mist filters, Filtermist International is responsible for manufacturing the following brands: Dustcheck & Kerstar.
Filtermist Systems Limited, the UK sales operation, is also the UK distributor for sister company Absolent AB as well as other extraction equipment suppliers, and provides a UK wide installation and maintenance service, as well as COSHH compliant LEV Testing for all makes and models of LEV systems.
We target excellence throughout all aspects of our businesses. We pride ourselves in operating an ambitious, fast growing, and fast-paced company that offers a wide range of opportunities for employees due to ongoing significant growth.
We actively participate in lots of national funding raising initiatives throughout the year and support several charities, individuals and organisations that have direct connections with our employees. All employees can nominate causes close to their hearts for possible financial support.
We drive our businesses with key behavioural competencies that underpin how we do business – making Filtermist a great place to work.
Role description and responsibilities:
Filtermist is a Telford based company that supports our customers by providing them and their employees with clean air solutions, which is at the heart of our brand. We need someone to join our growing Oil Mist Installation team to Install, commission and test oil mist extraction systems. The role will encompass the following responsibilities:
• Build and configure Filtermist and Absolent Units on customer and OEM premises.
• To ensure that all demonstration, training, and monitoring activities, as required by the Company are carried out and recorded.
• All documentation to be completed and returned to the appropriate department within agreed time-scales.
• Maintaining stocks of standard parts and spare parts on the installation vehicles.
• Ensuring all tools and equipment used are maintained in good working order.
• Territory management working with Installation co-ordinators.
Health & Safety
• To observe and practice all Health & Safety Regulations issued by the company, and those of the companies in which you work.
• To observe environmental issues regarding bagging and labelling of waste materials.
• To represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
• To ensure that installation vehicles are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy condition and comply with the “Company Vehicle Standards” as published.
• Feedback to the company on technical changes required, sales opportunities and competitor information.
• To participate in meetings as arranged by the company.
• To participate in any training courses, internally or externally, set up by the company and apply that training into your daily routines.
• Work with team colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
• Growth, individual growth, and development.
If the location of the customers premises is of a sufficient distance, it may be necessary to stay overnight in that vicinity to afford optimum use to be made of the time available in order to finish the job, or to travel to the next place of work. This may require up to 4 overnight stays per week on a regular basis.
Installations further than normal from the engineer’s base may occasionally require overnight stays to optimise working time. This may be for multiple installs at one location or installs at separate locations in a specific area. Such requirements may require overnight stays on a regular basis.
Weekend work when required.
Extensive internal training program
Fully expensed company vehicle
Mobile phone and tablet
• Basic knowledge of electrics, 3 Phase would be advantageous.
• Harness & Lanyard.
• Working at Heights.
• Lone Working.
• Face Fit Seal Testing.
• IPAF Licence.
• Pasma certificate.
• Confined space training.
• Previous experience in a similar role preferable.
• Experience of hand and power tools.
• P601 and/or P602 LEV Accreditation(s) would be an advantage.
• Ability to work consistently and to high standards at all times.
• Must be able to self-motivate and use own initiative.
• Work as an individual and within a team.
• Ability to communicate clearly at all levels in this customer facing role.
Telford 54 Business Park